|ADMIN: How to Bid
||[Aug. 14th, 2009|06:31 am]
Art That Scares You
1. Simply comment to the relevant item post with the amount you wish to pay for the item. Other bidders may comment to the same post with higher amounts. At the close of auction (9pm AEST, 28 August 2008, or an earlier date if noted in the subject heading), the bidder who has nominated the highest amount is the winner.
2. If a Buy It Now price is listed, then the first bidder to nominate that (or a higher) amount will close that auction. Please put 'buy it now' in your subject header to avoid confusion.
3. Within 24 hours of the auction ending, each winning bid will be tagged by an auction mod with a code to quote when you donate the relevant amount to the Paul Haines Paypal fund. Please pay within three days of the end of auction. If you need to pay by some other method, contact email@example.com to make alternative arrangements within three days of the end of auction.
4. If you know you have won an auction (due to Buy It Now or the time) but have not yet received your 'auction closed' tag, you may of course donate the relevant money early. Please list the item title or some other recognisable phrase when donating, to connect your donation to the auction. An early donation (ie before the auction has closed) does not give you the rights of a winning bidder if someone else bids higher in the mean time.
5. If you are not a member of LJ you may bid by commenting "anonymously" but must put your name or some other identifier on the tag, and immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org to give clearer contact details. This information will be kept confidential.
6. In the case of an auction post where multiple copies of the same item are up for bid, the relevant number (one per item) of highest bidders at the time of close will win the items.
7. Livejournal allows users to edit and/or delete their own tags. In the spirit of an honourable charity auction we ask that bidders not use this facility to alter the amounts they have bid. The maintainers of the community do have email notifications which will keep track of any changes. If you have bid on an item by accident, please email email@example.com to discuss it rather than making the change yourself.